We are recruiting students with disabilities to be “Nora Friends”-- the VIPs of the project who will visit participating classrooms and make new friends! Not sure whether your child is right for the project? Nora Friends generally fall into either or both of the following categories: (1) Children who may not be able to introduce themselves or tell their stories independently, or (2) Children who, due to differences in how they look, move, or communicate, may find it challenging to make friends.
- Create and send a short introductory video to your partner classroom
- Visit your partner classroom a minimum of three times throughout the school year, beginning in November (at least three visits must take place by April)
- Submit photos and home videos
- Make 2-5 people available for student interviews
- Attend a Nora Night Film Festival Celebration